Nowadays environmental education is an essential part of society. Bhoomitrasena club is an initiative of Directorate of Environment & Climate Change, Govt. of Kerala. The aim of Bhoomitrasena club is to take up environmental protection activities and awareness extension activities in the vicinity of the college. The Bhoomithrasena club encourages students to appreciate the environment and to react positively to environmental issues. The club organizes various activities like seminars, lectures, field visits, vegetable cultivation and talks on environmental issues. Other activities include cleaning and maintaining the polluted or environmentally degraded sites, planting and maintaining trees in the campus.
- Organize seminars, debates, lectures and popular talks on environmental issues in the college
- Field visits to local environmentally important sites including polluted and degraded sites, wildlife parks etc.
- Organize awareness camps to propagate waste minimization, personal hygiene habits, and sustainable lifestyles
- Mobilize awareness action against environmentally unsound practices like a garbage disposal in unauthorized places, unsafe disposal of hospital wastes etc.
- Action based activities like tree plantation, cleanliness drives both within and outside the college campus, maintain vermicomposting pits, construct water harvesting structures in college, practice paper recycling etc.
- Curriculum related assignments on local environmental concerns including sampling for pollution, biodiversity survey, waste management survey, documentation of indigenous traditional knowledge etc.
- Prepare locally relevant resource material and get it printed