National Service Scheme, popularly known as NSS, is a student-centered programme that was launched in 1969, henceforth creating a link between the campus and community, the college and village, knowledge and action. The overall aim of NSS is the Personality Development of students through community service. It aims at inculcating amongst the volunteers a spirit of team-work, service to the community and character building that ultimately leads to the development of their personality. The motto of NSS is ‘Not Me; But You’. This reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service and appreciation of the other person’s point of view and also to show consideration for fellow human beings.
Programme Officers :
Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce
Assistant Professor, Research Department of Arabic
The symbol of the NSS is based on the ‘Rath’ wheel of the Konark Sun Temple situated in Odisha. It portrays the cycle of creation, preservation, and release, and signifies the movement in life across time and space. It stands for community and change and implies the continuous striving of National Service Scheme for social transformation & upliftment.
Objectives of NSS
- Enable the students to understand the community in which they live.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in finding a solution.
- Develop a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Develop competence required to socialize and to share the responsibilities.
- Enhance skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop the capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
National service Scheme of Ansar Arabic College plays a crucial role in the social service segments of Ansar Arabic College. It acts as a link between college, students, and society as a whole. The history of Ansar NSS Units is dated back to 1969 when the first unit was allotted it one of the oldest nss unit of Calicut university. Ansar NSS aims at promoting social consciousness, a sense of responsibility, and a sense of discipline and dignity among the students of our college. The scheme utilizes the leisure time of students for two years of their college studies, in various programmes related to of social service, which not only helps the community but also provides an opportunity to the students to understand the conditions prevalent in the community. The ultimate aim is to develop the personality of students through community service.