Entrepreneurship development Club (E D CLUB)
Entrepreneurship development Clubs are set up by the Department of Industries & Commerce, mainly with the objective of promoting entrepreneurial traits among students in schools and colleges. In our college, ED Club was started in the year 2016. Since then the club tries to build a culture of self-independence through entrepreneurship. ED Clubs provide a platform for realizing business opportunities by arranging industrial visits, business awareness classes, practical sessions on skill development training, interaction with entrepreneurs, etc.
Coordinator: Afsal Abdul Khader M
Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce
- To inculcate social virtues i.e., trustworthiness, integrity, hard work, discipline, honesty, etc as constituents of entrepreneurship.
- To sensitize students on the real economic and industrial development scenario of the state.
- To inculcate entrepreneurial culture in students.
- To change the mind set on the negative attitude prevailing in the state for taking up entrepreneurship as a career.
- To induct entrepreneurial spirit in the institutions.
- To bring in a successful entrepreneur and students on a common platform.
- To motivate the members to venture into the industrial activity.
- To educate members on various dimensions of the industry.
- To nurture the latent entrepreneurial talent
ED Club is organizing various programmes joining hands with DIC (District Industries Centre)