Green Club was set up to create awareness among the students about the importance of protecting our nature & environment. The club enlists student participation in maintaining a clean and healthy campus by planting more trees, holding seminars on topics related to current environmental problems and to conduct study tours to eco-tourism centers. The club, which has about 50 student members, strives to develop love of nature and adventure and to instill awareness of the environment in the college community. The recent activities of the club include planting and nurturing of trees and medicinal plants on the campus, labeling of plants etc. The club has also arranged a nature camp and a trip to Wildlife Sanctuary and other places of interest to students.
- Motivate the students to keep their surroundings green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Organize tree plantation programmes, awareness programmes such as Quiz, Essay, Poster competitions regarding various environmental issues.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Organize Nature Trail in Wild Life Sanctuaries/Parks/Forest areas to know about the Bio-diversity.
- Observing environmentally important days like World Ozone day, World Forestry Day, World water day, World Environment Day etc by displaying banners.
Coordinator: Laddeed Bin Abdul Khader
Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce